Your written entry is of utmost importance as the judges will base their initial decisions on the strength of the arguments made. Your written entry must be no more than two single-sided pages of A4 paper typed in either English or Simplified Chinese, no less than 11 point type size, single spaced.
The written submission for Sector and Media Awards should include the following points:
- Brief and marketing challenges / objectives
- Strategy behind the work
- Solutions / innovations / creative ideas
- Quantifiable results / achievements and recognitions
For all Sector and Media Awards categories, agency names and logos must NOT appear on your written submission or any of your supporting materials.
Entrants may mark various sensitive parts of their submissions as “Not for publication” by highlighting the information in yellow，and tick the “Confidentiality request” box on the online entry form, provided these restrictions are not used excessively. Information marked as confidential will be treated as such.
- To accompany your written submission, entries may be supported with relevant back up material. The support material should show evidence of the success of your work. It may vary depending on the category but can range from branded media coverage, photographs, internet coverage, videos, attitudinal research, media evaluation, sales figures, detailed market share, etc. Please consider that it is better to be targeted than copious.
- A maximum of five (5) support materials can be submitted online either in the form of a microsite or on our entry system so that these can be accessed by the judges at the time of judging. No file sharing site/FTP should be used.
- Any supporting data must be accompanied by an indication of the source of reference. If your agency is the source of research, please reference “Agency Research”.
- Any microsites must be live from 1 January – 30 June 2019. Please supply passwords, if needed, for access to the microsite URL. No FTP or file-sharing sites are allowed.
- Upload no more than five (5) items of supporting materials on top of the three compulsory images. The supporting materials should show evidence of the success of your campaign, and support the case made in your written submission.
- If you have submitted any video(s) as a support material on the entry system, please label them with the entry number assigned to you on the email confirmation that you received upon completion of your online submission. Two copies of USB sticks containing hi-resolution versions of ALL the same videos submitted online (in H264 compression, 1280x720px, aspect ratio 16:9, and in .mov, .mpeg2, .avi or .mp4 formats) to:
Please send supporting material to:
Digital Media Awards China 2019
Haymarket Media Ltd.
10/F Zung Fu Industrial Building
1067 King’s Road, Quarry Bay, Hong Kong
Contact Number：+852 3175 1959
- A customs invoice (Proforma Invoice) should be included in the consignment which should be clearly marked: “Contest material – No commercial value.”
- It is the entrants's responsibility to ensure and confirm safe delivery of his/her shipment at the Digital Media Awards office and to cover fully ALL courier and mailing costs and any import duties in advance, up to and including arrival at the Digital Media Awards office.
- Haymarket reserves the rights to publish the video wholly or in part. If there is/are any content on the USBs that are not meant for publication, please label “NOT FOR PUBLICATION” on the USB itself. Delivery deadline: Friday, 15 February 2019.
Entry Materials File Format
All entries and supporting materials are to be submitted online and must adhere strictly to the stipulated formats as listed below:
File Size：Less than 5MB
Pictures/Photographs (At least 300dpi, RGB)
File Size：Less than 5MB
File Size：Less than 5MB
File Size：Less than 25MB
All entries must be endorsed by your client representative, authorising the entry and data. You should provide your client contact details on the online submission system and the endorsement email can be generated and emailed directly to your client for endorsement.
You are responsible to ensure your client is available for endorsement at the time of your submission and before submission closed.
All other awards entries must be endorsed by a senior management member from your agency/company, and cannot be endorsed by the same person who submitted the entry.
- Online Entry Form:
All details required to be filled in accurately.
You can enter the same campaign to multiple categories. Each entry submitted into an additional category is considered as an individual entry, where a separate fee and a set of written submission paper, endorsement, any supporting materials, 3 hi-res images and payment has to be submitted online.
Agency name, Campaign Title/Nominee's name, Client, Country as per credits to be published for Campaign Awards categories.
All written submission must be submitted in either English or Simplified Chinese language to be no more than two (2) single-sided pages of A4 paper, no less than 11 point type size, single spaced.
Duplication of Entries:
Where more than one agency has worked on the case, it has to be agreed in advance between the involved parties which company will be making the entry. In the event that the same entry is submitted by two different entrant companies, or if both agency/consultancy and client enter the same work, the submission may be treated as a joint entry for the purposes of judging at the organiser’s discretion. Any duplicated entry fee will be forfeited.
Must NOT Include:
Agency names and logos must NOT appear on your written submission or any of your supporting materials for all Awards categories.
- Upload three (3) compulsory hi-resolution images of creative materials from your campaign. They will be used to showcase the entry, if awarded.
- Executive Summary to be published, to showcase your entry if awarded. Do not provide company credentials or confidential information. Summary must be at least 150-200 words.
- Endorsement：Details of nominated senior client/brand representative (for Media and Sector Awards), or senior management from your agency/company (for People/Company/Brand Awards) who can endorse and authorize your entry and claims.